Ride On Nelly ‘My favourite ride’
We are totally gutted not to be seeing you all on the start line at the ride this year, it’s the highlight of our year and we’ll so miss all your stories and smiles from the day.
SO – if we can’t ride side by side on the day we’d love it if you’d join us on a big virtual ride out in Nelson’s honour instead. We will be definitely hitting the road on the day, it would be amazing if you’d join us too wherever you live. We ride on.
The 100 mile ‘Full Monty’ ride was Nelson’s first ever 100 miler and his favourite ever ride, and why the Tour de Test Valley was born. We’d love you to ride your favourite ride and tell us why it is.
You up for it?
Yes that sounds great, how do I do it?
It couldn’t be easier.
Choose your favourite route, bake some brownies (we’ll be sending out Nelson’s Mums secret recipe v soon!) and saddle up on your trusty steed. You can ride alone, as a crew or with the whole family. Obviously we encourage social distancing and sticking to the guidelines.
It’s totally free to ride, just enter your email below so we can keep in touch with key info, prizes, fun challenges and some important details. This email will ONLY be used for info on the ride, nothing else we promise.
Enter email here:
What about a Ride On Nelly jersey, are you doing one?
YES WE ARE!!
We are beyond chuffed to announce an exclusive CALM x VANS jersey. This was made entirely possible by VANS incredible and continued support to the event despite postponement this year due to the pandemic. Thankyou VANS!
We have used the iconic VANS checkerboard print and gone full 80’s BMX style, hope you like it.
Every penny of profit from this jersey will go directly to CALM and helping fund their essential helpline, which saves lives every day and even more crucial right now.
To order please click on the secure link below, you have till the 12th August to place your order if you want it in time for the 19th September.
Please order now.https://www.halosports.co.uk/clubs/ride-on-nelly/
Riders ready, pedals ready – Ride On Nelly!
We really hope you’ll join us on the 19th September for a ride wherever you are, we can’t wait to see the pics and hear some tales from the road. Keep an eye on your emails for more info, any questions please get in touch https://nelsonstourdetestvalley.co.uk/contact/
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support. Together we are stronger.
Ride On Nelly!
Marcus, Chris Pratt & CALM.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS AGAIN!
* On Sat 19th September get in your clobber and ride your favourite ride, either on your own, with your crew or your family.
* Bake your best batch of ‘Edie’s Brownies’ and hit the road.
* If you have Strava record your route.
* Take a picture at your favourite point and scoff some brownies. Tag any picture @calmzone and #rideonnelly
* Tell us briefly why this ride is your favourite, we’d love to hear. (The Full Monty route was Nelson’s favourite, Combe Gibbet always made him smile at the top!)
* Send us your favourite picture from the day, Strava link and we’ll send you a image with it all on so you can share.
* We are partnering with Mytimeart.com to offer a super cool photo momento from the day. More details coming soon.
A BIT OF FUN – SOME CHALLENGES FOR PRIZES
* Prize for the best lunch. Nelson was all about food so this would make him smile.
* Courage award for e.g. taking horrible weather, young riders, bravery, overcoming adversity!
* Most brownies eaten on the day.
* Best cyclist tan!
* Biggest milage on the day.
* Biggest elevation on the day.
* Worst mechanical and the most punctures (In honour of our incredible mechanic Gary Harris and Hampshire flint that wreaks havoc!)
* Special family award i.e. youngest rider, biggest family.
* Most pennies raised for CALM.
HOW DO I ENTER THE CHALLENGES?
* Just take a picture and upload to IG or Facebook tagging #rideonnelly and @calmzone
* Or email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Prizes from VANS and other partners.